Webinars and Resources
Provides guidlines for the final report that should be filled out by every state who received state support funds through the DHI (generally filled out by the project manager).
Final Consultant Report -
We hope this short report will capture your accomplishments and allow you to express your suggestions for improving oral health for Head Start children in the future. You can send the completed report to Patrice Pascual at email@example.com or to your state liaison.
Managing Your State Support Funds -
Explains the new dispursement process, shares common state objectives, offers tips for evaluation, and walks you through the online reporting form.
Forms that must be used by state support fund project managers and fiscal agents to request supplies, project consultant or staff contracts, and travel reimbursements. Contracted project consultants and staff can also request payment here.
Explains how to access the database, state team leader reports, regional oral health consultant reports, and travel requests/reimbursements.
Provides tools for engaging families, provides an overview of the Massachusettes oral health flip chart, and explores motivational interviewing.
Understanding the West Virginia PIR -
At the request of the West Virginia Head Start Association, the DHI team organized a webinar to discuss PIR definitions, specific reporting challenges, and how to better utilize the 2011 oral health PIR report. Dr. Harry Goodman, Region III ROHC, and Dr. Richard Meckstroth, West Virginia STL , joined the Paltech DHI staff in leading the session.
Proven Strategies for Head Start Oral Health Programs: 1st National Birth to Five Leadership Institute:
- Partnering to Provide Quality Dental Homes to Head Start Children in Oregon - A presentation given by Karen Ayers at the National Oral Health Conference.
- Massachusetts Oral Health Guide (for Spanish version click here)- This is a free resource developed for home visitors and other Head Start staff to educate parents on oral health basics. It is simple, researched-based, and currently used in many states.
- State EPSDT Schedules - Lists EPSDT schedule for each state.
- Oral Health Model Programs: Region 11
- Improving Oral Health in Head Start: The Massachusetts Experience
- Proven Oral Health Strategies for Your Program: Take-Away Tips